NEMCC Phi Theta Kappa Health Week
October 29 - November 2 2012
Health Week was used to apply the knowledge gained from the food series to the daily diets of Northeast students. This week students pledged to eat only certain foods, for one meal, each day.
The Days were as Follows:
- Meatles Monday- eat only fruits and vegetables this day.
- Turkey Tuesday- when you get a meat make it white meat.
- Whole Wheat Wednesday- try adding more whole grains to your diet
- Tropical Fruit Thurday- eat more fuits on this day.
- Low Fat Friday- eat food that is low in fat.
Each student who participated was provided with a card and asked to complete a quick 5 question survey at the end of the week. A brochure with information on healthy eating was also provided to the students to aid in thier food choices.
Extra partitcipation cards and brochures can be downloaded by clicking the links below.
To go along with this Health Week PTK has compiled a book of recipes which can be downloaded HERE