Northeast Mississippi Community College is a public, comprehensive community college that exists to meet the educational and career needs of individual students and the community within the district it serves – Alcorn, Prentiss, Tippah, Tishomingo and Union Counties - by awarding the Associate of Arts Degree, Associate of Applied Science Degree and Certificates. Beyond this original scope, Northeast responds to the needs of all who seek a college education.
To accomplish the intended role and scope of the college, the following institutional goals were established:
1. To provide degree and certificate programs that prepare students for continued studies or immediate employment.
2. To provide a program of student services that will facilitate the educational, career, personal, and social growth of students.
3. To provide developmental studies within the curriculum to strengthen the basic skills of students.
4. To offer continuing education, community services, and adult basic education for individuals striving for personal and professional growth and/or personal enrichment
5. To provide employer-driven, industry-specific workforce education and training to business, industry, and individuals.
6. To provide human resources, financial resources, instructional resources, and physical facilities necessary to offer quality instruction
Purpose Statement was revised and approved by the Board of Trustees in February 2009